Wednesday 7 February 2018

Watching

Pity his eyes are lost in the shadows - I did dodge a little around that area and print as soft as I could but I think they're just not there:



So...this is another one from The Archives which of course brings a whole host of memories back.  8354 IW was the registration of an aul' trailer in the farm next door to us, where The Brother and I risked our lives exploring, once upon a time.  Not that I remember the registration number, of course, but the dog and the general falling-to-bits look of the trailer are very familiar to me. The two old brothers who ran the farm always had Border Collies - working dogs, so a bit wild.  One dog was permanently chained up in the yard and would set up a fearsome noise when anyone approached.  This one, in the print above, looks like he's just daring me to come a little closer.

An unusual shot this, as he looks to be sheltering from the mad heat of mid-summer that we get from time to time in The Liberties, when the temperatures can rise, oh, well into the low 70s on the hottest of days. Bring it on, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment